For 6 years, United States policy on the Darfur genocide has been all talk and little action. While some progress has been made, the genocide continues in Sudan.
I just got back from watching Barack Obama officially become the 44th President of the United States. With his inauguration comes a new opportunity for change in Darfur; we’ve been screaming for years and at long last, an opportunity has finally come. But better yet, we’re ready.
It’s time for change.
Check out this video, made by students at STAND’s National Student Conference. Join our newest campaign, Darfur From Day One, by taking action to make Darfur a priority for the Obama administration. You can start by forwarding this video to everyone you know.
Over the next 100 days, Obama’s first days in office, we’re going to do everything we can to make Darfur a priority starting today, on Day One. We’ll be sending out urgent actions that you can take to influence Congress and President Obama’s administration.
Find out more about the campaign by clicking here.
We’re getting started right now. Take our Day One Action by faxing a checklist for Darfur action to the White House. It’s easy to fax the checklist in, but if enough of us do it we can make a real impact on the Obama administration during his first days in office.
- Go to http://faxzero.com/
- Fill out the information in the "Sender" and "Receiver" information fields.
- Sender Name: your name
- Sender Company: STAND: a Student Anti-Genocide Coalition
- Sender Fax #: 202-682-9258
- Sender Email: your email
- Receiver Name: President Obama
- Receiver Company: The White House
- Receiver Fax #: 202-456-2461
- Download the page that we’re faxing in, save it, and then attach it in the "Fax Information" box
- You will be prompted for a confirmation code in the "Fax Information" box
- Click on "Send Free Fax Now" on the bottom left
- You will be sent an email form FaxZero.com with a link. You need to click on this link in order to send the fax.
It’s time for change. Let’s make it happen.